Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Friends Lost

So I was thinking today about life,friendships, and such and you know it really is a funny ride ya know?
One day you're joking and drinking with someone and the next they're gone....
Either they die, go to prison,or you're just not friends with them anymore.
Crazy how many people cross our paths in a life time,
 and the decisions we make to move forward to what we want....
We lose good friends along the way, clutching on to things we think for fill us...our accomplishments.
But what good are accomplishments if no one is there to be proud of us?
It's always tough I guess for me to pick friends to be honest .
I don't think I've ever picked a friend in my life....
They always pick me or at least it seems that way....
And I don't think I've ever lost a friend because they were holding me back in any way......
But on that note I'm not that accomplished yet come to think of it...(sigh)......
But I have lost friends along the way...
And truth be told the friends I lost I probably was holding them back in one way or another.....
But hey I gotta be me ya know?
I can't change to make you more successful....
Damn that sounds greedy doesn't it?
Guess thats the price you pay for being true to yourself......

No comments:

Post a Comment