Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Duke vs Carolina....A Rivalry For The Ages...Who Ya With?

Well last night I figured out that some things never change.Sugar is sweet,tequila makes her clothes fall off,and the Duke vs Carolina rivalry is alive and well.I'm a Duke fan have been now for 20 years.One of the first games I remembered watching was Duke's national championship game against UNLV where Bobby Hurley threw Grant Hill one of the most beautiful alley oops I've ever seen.If you by chance didn't get to see it no worries you can look it up at SI.com it was on the cover after all.
When I came into the bar last night I had a Carolina blue jacket on,and a Carolina fan tried to give me five.When I withdrew my hand and told him I was a "Blue Devil in disguise" I couldn't help but to laugh......hard.Duke vs Carolina fans are like family...we may talk shit to each other,but don't you do it.
Ok so Feb 9 we meet each other for the 240th time and Carolina leads 130-99 dating back to 1920.So yeah we've been at this for 90 years.Over the 20 years I've watched this show down we've won some and lost some,and I've seen players from both schools go on to be successful in the NBA.Carolina's claim to fame is #23 obviously,and they never get tired of telling you that.Duke on the other hand has always to me been more team oriented.There has been stars at Cameron Indoor Stadium,but not as many as the players who've played at the Dean Dome.The past couple of years have been tough on the Heels though so the games have been a little one sided in our favor.Call it better recruiting,or better coaching whatever you want to call it lately we've just been better.Last season,Carolina went to the NIT,(the not invited tournament)and salvaged a disappointing season by almost winning the NIT.Whereas Duke well what can I say?We are the champions my light blue friends.Funny thing is we're probably going to do it again.To most fans of Duke or Carolina though the championships are just a side note to this game.If both teams lost more games then they won in a season as long as we get that coveted win vs our rival all is well in the world.So I'm looking forward to Feb 9th....As I know many people in the Carolina's are...The question I want to know though is........WHO YA WITH?

No comments:

Post a Comment