Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

2 Bars One Night....... Reflections

So I went to 2 bars last night.The Backdoor in Hope Mills,and Spirits Pub in Tallywood shopping center.Now those two bars could not have been any more different.

At the Backdoor I really didn't know anyone so I spent a lot of my time meeting people,and playing the jukebox. After a while though, I did meet a few interesting people there.I almost got to see 2 women brawl, but I think one of them was all talk or it might have been the other girl had a pool stick in her hand at the time of the argument I dunno.LOL besides that met a cat that freestyles and gave him some advice.I told him to stick with it,and no matter what people say don't let them discourage you.Well after 4 beers,20 songs, and a few punches on the electronic punching bag I was ready to head out of there.It was cool the bartender remembered me there so we caught up on mutual friends a little bit before my ride came to get me.

At Spirits ahhhhh AKA the house of illness....I got up there at about quarter till 1.....And when I walked in I seen sooo many people I knew it was ridiculous.If you didn't know any better you might have though I was running for congress from all the hand shake'n I was doing.I really don't get up there as much as I used to,but every time I do I have a great time.Waaay to many names to name, but I got to catch up with a lot of good people.At the end of the night I ended up catching a ride home with a good friend who never tells me no when I need a ride......One of the many reasons  I got her back if ever she needs my help.The point of this blog though is the polarity of the two places I visited last night.At one I was to myself.....having to take the convo's I had in small doses...To a place where I'm embraced and loved full of people to talk to with not enough time to do so.....

As far as feeling like I backslid or failed at my sobriety I don't think so.I had a few drinks felt good,and thats it.I got to thinking of responsibilities,and how they affect the decisions we eventually make.I've come to this conclusion as long as I can be responsible,and not bring no harm to others as well as myself I'm going to continue to drink socially.I still got to go to meetings though so I guess its going to be weird sitting in there.I don't want them to feel as if I'm cheating the system or nothing...I just got to attend these things to get my food stamps...So I figure I'll continue to go,and learn what not to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment